- CA CPT
Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
About the Course
- Entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course.
- Test comprises four subjects:
- Mercantile Laws
- General Economics
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Test is of 200 marks.
- Examination in two sessions of two hours each on the same day.
- CPT is an objective type test with negative marking.
- Held twice a year in the months of June and December.
- Passing Criteria – Obtains at one sitting a minimum of 30% marks in each section and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the sections, subject to the principle of negative marking.
Who can join the course?
Appear in CPT examination after appearing in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.
How to apply for admission to the CPT Course?
A student is required to apply in the prescribed form.
A student may buy Prospectus remitting Rs.100 in The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The application form is available in the Prospectus.
Or alternatively, the application form can be downloaded from ICAI website Fees: http://22.214.171.124/7505cpt_form.pdf
Apply Online Now